30 Days of Writing - Write Yourself Alive Day #1

Saturday 8 August 2015







Every time I lay my fingers on the keyboard, something mysterious will clench my heart tightly – a signal sort-of for me.  Don’t go there, it seems to say.

I browsed through the scribbles in my Notebook. 

Half-formed sentences. 
Tangled mess of quotes. 
Well-crafted, slightly neurotic observations that may never see the light. 
Power-packed one-liners. 

If I have them strung together and inked in black and white, they will come alive. They will no longer be the fleeting products of intoxication or extreme rumination. Real. Ugly. Scary. 

Please don’t, it whispers again. 


I broke my wrist once. After the cast was removed, I tried turning my wrist. When I failed to feel anything initially, I freaked out. Maybe, I thought then, I wouldn't be able to do anything with my hands anymore. I'm typing now.  In the end, my wrist still works after much wriggling. 

So it will be ok --  learning to write again will be ok. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Room Traveller All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger