Coffeeshop Talk #2 - Admission

Friday 3 January 2014

It is hard sometimes to admit that you were in the wrong; it is even harder to admit defeat.

This wasn't in a cafe. We just had XO fish soup. I was telling a story. That wasn't the first time I told the story to them.

What makes it different this time round is that one of them admitted something.

"I was in that state before. It could be a rebound or... I don't know. I just didn't know what I was doing... felt kind of lost and empty," she said firmly and knowingly.

At that juncture, I looked at her but I did not say anything. I could not. I was at a loss for words.

"Is this new to me or have I always known this?" I thought.

Pride for my friend swelled. I am immensely proud of her. Recognising that part of you is one thing but saying out loud is admission; it is confession.

We did not dissuade her during that time. We gently discouraged her. On hindsight, I am not sure whether I was being a good friend, whether I did the right thing. It made me feel quite guilty.

So this is my admission.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Room Traveller All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger