What I Overheard #1: Your choice

Friday 3 January 2014

I have never been a very religious person. Spiritual, maybe, but not religious. I don't know if I'll ever be...

I was at a church wedding. In such a holy place, my thoughts lulled. I could not remember every detail of what the priest was preaching. I tried to hang onto every word. He is a very earnest-looking priest and it is precious to witness this holy union of my friends. I don't want to be disrespectful.

Then he said with composure, "You always have a choice to love more or to love less."

I was running the line over and over again in my mind as the mass continued. I made a mental note to remember and to share this. I've made my choice.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Room Traveller All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger